PROFILE OF LOM COMMUNITY RADIO
Lom Community Radio is a voice for the People, by the People and with the People. It was established in the year 2011 and was granted a frequency authorization by NCA in 2012 to operate as a community radio.
The name Lom is a Generic name which means Unity, Peace and Love with the people from the area. Lom Community Radio got its authorization from National Communication Authority in 2012 with the assigned frequency 94.5 broadcasting within 5 radius as per the directive of NCA.
Lom Community Radio was established purposely to promote peace amongst the Bimobas, Komkombas and Mamprusis, and other minority tribes within the District.
Radio Lom , is a registered member of Ghana Community Radio Network (GCRN), and with World Association of Community Radio Stations (WACR).
We are located at Bunkpurugu, the District Capital of the Bunkpurugu/Nakpanduri District of North Eat Region of Ghana. We are installed at the Old Assembly building in Bunkpurugu,
Our listening /audience ranges between 6,000 to 8,000 people. We broadcast in three main languages, Bimoba ,Konkomba and Mampruri at 18 hours each day (4am-10pm) .
Our main source of power is from Volta River Authority –National Grid .
Our mission is to promote peace, unity and morality amongst our communities through a participatory radio broadcast, and as well advocate the culture/values and wellbeing of our community people using radio.
To implement an effective and efficient participatory broadcast service towards peace and unity building and the attainment of equitable socio economic development in the District, by offering the marginalized a voice and ensuring that, the sustainable and peaceful environment is measured with the development and growth of our community through our air-waves. Our outmost vision is to make the entire District and its surrounding communities a peace haven.
Through the above, we envisage achieving the following
- The best Agricultural practices by local and Global Standards for higher yields
- To maintain the peace of the day in the district through continuous radio dialogue
- To remain the leading and only Radio Station that promotes Community development.
- To advocate for A strong and united people conscious of their rights and responsibilities.
- Improved Agronomic practices for higher productivity in agricultural practices using radio and community entry with resources persons.
- Advocacy on Poverty alleviation and the general wellbeing of our communities
- Drum hard on the need to uphold our Culture, Traditions etc. and their roles in bringing development to our doors.
- A well-educated and informed society especially with our youth.
- Promotion of Healthy living in our communities through sensitization to increase awareness on best sanitation practices.
- Human rights and access to information(anti-corruption ) advocacy
- Promotion of Gender as an effective tool for development
- To Build our own office accommodation and also acquire a more reliable source of power.
- Deepen our collaborations with government agencies to 100% and help disseminate relevant information.
- To increase our revenue mobilization to 80%
- Strengthen our neutrality , reliability, and professionalism by continuous in-service training and capacity building
ORGANOGRAM /MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE -SUMMARY
Lom Community Radio is structured under four forms of leadership, thus. The Executive Director/Counsels, (4) Board/Committee members (17), The Management members (7), and lastly the Volunteers/Workers (35) of the Station, including stakeholder consultations in our programs and activities.